Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Spiritual Life through Tarot: a memoir blog series

I've been doing some automatic writing again.  For those who don't know what that is, THIS post has an intro explaining it.  I was told today by someone I was talking to (via automatic writing - so like a Spirit Guide) that automatic writing is good for me (and for most people), because it gets me not only clearly spelling out and thinking about what's going on with me, but also kind of forces me to pause and wait to hear answers.  I think when I "pray" I usually just talk forever and then shrug my shoulders and walk away.  With automatic writing I pause with anticipation, which opens the door to actually hearing.  Anyway.  Just a tidbit to throw in :)

That's actually not the topic of this post.

In today's automatic writing session I was told by an old spirit guide friend of mine, Ganesha, to start a blog series for this blog.  I was chatting with another guide, and I literally was interrupted as I was talking about writing in general (like authoring writing), and in my mind I felt it was Ganesha and this is what I typed from him, "I’m going to step in here for a minute because I’m both your authoring mentor and your chore-busting mentor."


I swear on my life that I had no idea Ganesha was the patron saint of authors and artists.  I thought it was weird that he interceded right then, but was like, Ok - whatever.  (Because I like talking to him more than some of my other guides.  He's silly, makes me laugh.)  Out of the blue just now I was looking up some fabulous lyrics about Ganesha to include in this blog from M.C. Yogi's "Jai Ganesha" and came across the patron saint thing in my google search.

My mind is blown.

And I'm giggling because it's fun to get confirmations ...

Ok, seriously, that's the last digression for this post.  What I'm actually posting about is to announce that for the next 78-ish days I will be posting spiritual memoirs, as instructed by my homey Ganesha, but I'm going to tell the stories as inspired by the Tarot.

Here's how it works:

  1. I draw a Tarot card at random
  2. I'll briefly explain the card's symbolism/meaning and include a picture for you to reference.
  3. Based on the symbolism on that card, I'll tell a you story about my life's spiritual journey. 
  4. I'll try to keep it short.  Ganesh told me 600-1000 words, specifically.  (This post is currently at 429 words).
He said by the end of it, I would have a pretty complete history of my spiritual process.  But told in a "random" order.

Sound fun?

I think you'll enjoy it.  First, because the God of all wisdom, loved by all children, known for the blessing the homes that we live in said you would (there are some of those lyrics ... thanks MC Yogi!).  Second, because I'm a great storyteller.  :D

It may not take me the full 78 days.  There are just 78 cards in the Tarot, and it was recommended that I go through a whole deck, at least one a day, but more if I'd like.  The daily commitment actually scares me, and I'd really like to just stockpile a bunch of them all at once then take a two week break... he he he.  

Anyway, now you know what you'll be seeing!  Let the magic begin...


No comments: